You didn’t ask for advice

2015-10-01 / Comments Off on You didn’t ask for advice

but I’ll give it anyway. File your taxes now. Then track down that statement (call BOA). File an amended return (very easy). (If your interest payments are ~$600/month [you should have some idea what they were] x 3 then your “income” would be reduced by ~$1800. Your tax bill would be reduced by xx% of that $1800 [whatever your tax rate is]. Could be anywhere between $180 and $400. I think that is worth the two hours work tracking down your interest and filing an amended return.